MAP + DIRECTIONS
Gathering at Uisneach takes place at the Uisneach Inn venue, in Killare, Co Westmeath, on the R390 Athlone-Mullingar road. We are at the foot of the Hill of Uisneach.
- head out the M4 toward Sligo/The West.
- Pass thru toll and Kinnegad, continuing on M4
- Turn off at Mullingar
- Drive through full length of Mullingar town, following signs for Athlone.
- Outside Mullingar, you will come to large roundabout followed by Y-Junction, follow R390 signs for Athlone
- Drive 11 miles out, passing villages of Ballinea and Loughnavalley.
- Uisneach Inn on right, just after Hill of Uisneach
FROM THE WEST
- Drive to Athlone on the M6
- Turn off for Longford/Cavan
- After Dept of Education, turn for Mullingar/Ballymore R390
- Drive thru Ballymore village, turning for Mullingar
- 6 miles out is the Uisneach Inn Bar & Restaurant
Situated at the exact centre point of Ireland, the Uisneach Inn Bar & Restaurant is the most centrally located bar and restaurant in the country, located halfway between Mullingar and Athlone on the R390.
Mullingar is well signposted from Athlone, and vice versa. The Gathering at Uisneach is taking place in and outside the Uisneach Inn venue, which is located on the main road so you will not have any difficulty finding the site.
From Dublin and the East, follow the N4 to Mullingar town centre, either drive through the town or take the inner relief road, and then take the R390 to Athlone. It is signposted either way.
Continue through the villages of Ballinea and Loughnavalley. The Uisneach Inn is located approx 2 miles from the village of Loughnavalley. Parking will be signposted.
From the North – follow the N52 to Mullingar, and look for R390 Athlone. The Uisneach Inn is well signposted in and around Mullingar. Follow directions above.
From the South – Take the N7 to either Tullamore (N52 turn off). From here, drive towards Mullingar, turning for Athlone where signposted. Drive R390 towards Athlone, arriving at the Uisneach Inn after the village of Loughnavalley.
From the West – Follow the M6 to Athlone, turning off at the Cavan/Longford junction. Turn left, heading for Glasson/Ballymahon (R392) and then turn right where signposted for Mullingar/Ballymore on the R390. The Uisneach Inn is located approx 5 miles outside the town of Ballymore.
Festival parking is available, signposted off the R390, close to the Uisneach Inn. Please follow the directions of local Gardaí and our security personnel at entry/exit. Camper vans can park in the main car park, please note no services will be supplied.
Contact our festival team at:
info*at* festivalofthefires.com – insert @ yourself
Also contact us through our FACEBOOK page www.facebook.com/festivalofthefires