** Festival of the Fires is NOT taking place at the Hill of Uisneach in May 2013 **
We are allowing the hill take a rest to recover in time for 2014. However, some of the people behind FOF are hosting ‘The Gathering at Uisneach’, a boutique two-day music and culture festival at the Uisneach Inn Bar & Restaurant venue, along the R390 Mullingar-Athlone road.
**Please note there is strictly no public access to the Hill of Uisneach for the duration of the Uisneach Inn events. The Hill is closed to the public.
**We will not be running any events or lighting fires on the Hill of Uisneach. For access and enquiries related to the hill of Uisneach, please go to the Uisneach Facebook page
The first ‘Gathering at Uisneach’ takes place on the Bealtaine/May Bank Holiday weekend at a bespoke festival site created to the rear of the Uisneach Inn.
We are sure many of you will have plenty of questions and queries. Below are answers to some of the more frequently asked ones…
- CAMPING - A limited amount of camping space is available for the ‘Gathering at Uisneach’
- A secure, policed campsite with toilets and a strictly limited occupancy will be located close to the venue. Tickets for it are now available to weekend festival goers only.
- A special weekend ticket with camping is on sale now from Ticketmaster outlets, ticketmaster.ie priced €50 (subject to booking fees & credit card charges).
- One night camping tickets priced €10 pp will be available for Sunday night. There will be a registration process, and people can buy their tickets from the venue box office on the day of the gathering.
- PARKING - A car park will be available at the venue. NO CAMPING is allowed in the car park. Follow directions of stewards and security and Gardaí at all times.
- BUSES -
- Buses leaving for the Gathering at Uisneach are as follows:
Tullamore (market sq) : 2.30pm & 6.00pm
Killbeggan (bus stop) : 2.45pm & 6.15pm
Athlone (golden Island): 2.30pm & 6.30pm
Moate (egans) : 2.45pm & 6.45pm
Mullingar (stables) : 3.30pm & 5.30pm
- Return buses leave Uisneach Inn from 12.30am
- All return journeys €10 – One way €5**Email email@example.com with your name & which time/day you wish to travel to reserve your seat**
- TICKETS - Tickets are on sale now from ticketmaster outlets nationwide, from www.ticketmaster.ie and from the venue itself. Please note these tickets are subject to booking fees and/or credit card charges.
- Tickets bought from the venue will not be liable to the service charges arising from credit card/online bookings
- TIMES: The Gathering at Uisneach starts daily at 1pm and ends at 12.30am. Main stage music ends at 11.30pm.
- KIDS - A strictly limited amount of tickets for children Under 12 will ONLY be on sale from the venue. Priced €10, there is a stricly limited allocation of same, available on a first-come, first served basis only. Please note, no children under 18 will be allowed in the festival/performance area and venue after 9pm.
- FIRE CEREMONY & FIRE SHOW – There will be a nightly fire show at the Uisneach Inn. There will be no ceremonial bonfire lit on the summit of Uisneach this year. We are sorry about this, but we are not Festival of the Fires, which is taking a year off as has clearly been stated since February. All fire events and performances associated with that festival will be back in 2014.
- GETTING THERE – Directions on the website
- FOOD AND DRINK – A wide range of food and drink will be on sale inside the festival site. See http://www.festivalofthefires.com/food-and-drink/ for more info! We are delighted that PIEMINISTER will be among the traders!!!!
- HILL OF UISNEACH – THERE IS NO ACCESS TO THE HILL OF UISNEACH.
- The event is taking place at the Uisneach Inn Bar and Restaurant and is in no way affiliated to the Hill of Uisneach. Please consult with the owners of the Hill to see about access to the sacred site. There is a new FACEBOOK PAGE where you can contact them direct. There will be no public access to the Hill of Uisneach over the May Bank Holiday.
- ANIMALS - No dogs, cats or any pet allowed
- FREELOADERS/VIPs etc - There are no VIP, Guest-list or Free tickets. This is a non-VIP event, after all, we’re all the same, and we’re all equally as important as each other. There are no exceptions!
- ALCOHOL – There will be ample beverages and food on sale within the festival site at the Uisneach Inn. No alcohol or food will be permitted to be brought into the venue. Alcohol will be allowed at the festival campsite, but will not be allowed into the festival/performance area. Again, please note the venue change.
- Please respect the area. It is a sacred ground. Leave no trace.